Sunday, May 6, 2007

Wonderful Weekend!!

I spent the time with my fabulous friends - Tannile and Beth - at a hotel in town scrapbooking ALL weekend!! It was great! I missed my kids and my hubby but - you know that scrapbooking is just a great way to relax - reminisisce - share with friends - and be CREATIVE! It has been way too long since I have gotten to just create and chat with the girls about kids, scrapbooking, tv and even politics! Thank you two for such a wonderful time! (We even got to see adorable 2 month old Henry!! Baby Fever!!!)

I had so much fun getting to use some of my collection of new products and even uses some of my older ones.

Speaking of older product - Ali Edwards' AEzine challenge this week is to purge your scrapbook supplies and to use something old on a layout. I haven't gotten to the purging yet but I did do a layout for the challenge. So on this layout I used some of my older pattern paper that I have in my Lexi paper file. It is a cute pink floral from Me & My Big Idea a couple years ago that Susan & Erin from the store suggested I use for a cute Girly page (I had only been doing boy up until then). It took me awhile but it was so fun to use! Thanks S&E!

And new products - BOY I LOVE my Autumn Leaves acrylic journal spot stamps! I think I used them on almost every layout I created this weekend. What is so great about them is that it encourages me even more to use my own handwriting. Even my friend Beth - who NEVER writes her own stuff - used them for a couple layouts this weekend! Too Cool!

Enjoy this layout and be watching for some of the others I will post later. Have a great week!

kelly

postscript - my dear friend Elizabeth's son Matthew is having surgery tomorrow morning so please help me keep him in your prayers. I truly appreciate it!

3 comments:

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful page, love those products they go so well together.

Anonymous said...

what a fun lo....i have some of those same stamps....must get them out!

Ronda Palazzari said...

Awesome layout! So glad you got to have some Girl time! Miss you my friend!