Sunday, July 22, 2007

26 hours

>

That's how many hours my mom and I had the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows book before we finished it. It was a wonderful weekend - my mom and I waited for our ticket number at barnes and Nobles (19) and then shoppped and ate dinner before heading back to B&N for the potter festivities. It was so much fun to people watch! Especially seeing all of the amazing costumes. The two best hands down were the Sorting Hat which was unbelievable and the Hagrid. Hagrid actually won the contest. I did not manage to get a picture of the one month old baby in its' stroller that had on glasses, robe, scar and mini Hedwig - he was adorable! (Congrats go out to my girlfriend Shaye's son Simon for getting Honorable Mention at their release party in Indiana! (www.smarterthanpancakes.vox.com)






I started reading the book outloud to us in the car as soon as we left the store at about 12:12am. When we got home - I read until about 5am and mom read some then slept an hour then read then slept, etc. Again my fabulous hubby tried to curtail the kids so we could read until he needed to go into work for awhile. But more or less, mom and I sat around reading all day. The kids loved their day of computer and TV! Then when the kids went to bed - it was our key quiet time to read again and by 2 a.m. Saturday we were done and spent the next half hour discussing it before bed. It was so much fun getting to spend the weekend with Mom and sharing in the mania of Harry Potter and getting to discuss chapters and events all along the way in the book. I have learned though that my mom reads MUCH faster than I!! Thanks mom for a wonderful time! I love you!!

So onto my thoughts - WOW did she jam pack this one with information and new characters!!! There were times my head was spinning. I do think it was a great book!!! and i did Love it!- but I think just because it is over (and I am sad) that it will never be the greatest and I think she was a little bit more 'brutal' with the characters than I had wished she was! But I do think it was wrapped up well and that I do not think there is much left unanswered in my mind from the series. It has been a wonderful ride and I will miss the anticipation of more to come.

Be sure to email or call me if you want to chat about the book in more detail (I ecpect to hear from Shaye and Kaylee soon!!)! I would love to since I can't say much at home since I expect it will be about another 2 years at least before Todd gets to this book!

Hope you have a great weekend! Off to actually communicate with my family since I basicly was in my own (or Harry's) little world yeasterday.

Luv ya all!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wasn't it awesome!! I got it done around 11:45 Sunday night...I laughed and I cried and am very sad to see the books end as well. Hailey is halfway done, so I can't say much around here either. We had a great time that night, too!

Ronda Palazzari said...

Almost done....We must chat soon!