Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Enjoy!

A blog that I read regularly (thanks to Erin & Ronda) by scrapbook artist Ali Edwards, had me thinking alot at the beginning of the year. Ali sends out a weekly challenge to get you to think about things in your life and to experiment in your scrapbooking and journaling. Her first challenge of the new year was to choose a word that will be your mantra for the year. Hundreds of people participated and told her about their word and her list of words being used totaled about 150!!!! Wow! That is alot of theme words as well as alot of people that decided to take on this challenge!


My word is ENJOY


* ENJOY the wonderful life I have and not dwell on the things that I think I am missing


* ENJOY my children the age they are and the way they are - don't wish for them to grow up or do things differently- it is happening too fast already!


* ENJOY my husband - make the time we have together special even though it is not as much time as we would like


* ENJOY scrapbooking and all the joy the art and working at Scraps etc. gives me. Embrace my own style - don't compare but don't be afraid to experiment with other styles.


* ENJOY everyday and embrace what God has blessed me with - family, friends and life!



So if you see me and I look like I have been pulling my hair out or am trying to understand what my 2 year old is trying to tell (yell at) me or complaining about my disastrous house - tell me to ENJOY so I can keep this word fresh in my mind!! (If that doesn't work.... tell me to go get a Starbucks! I will definitely ENJOY that!!)






k

2 comments:

Ronda Palazzari said...

So glad you have choosen your word! I love it! A great remind to appreciate all around you! I would enjoy a starbucks right now! LOL! I love that layout & the look Lexi is giving Santa. TOO precious!

Ronda A :) said...

Wow Kelly, you are doing so welll with your blog. I am so impressed to see everyone choosing a "word". Love your deep thinking about ENJOY. Amazing the small things that can make up think deep. You go girl. ENJOY your day!Ronda:)