Saturday, January 26, 2008

This is fabulous!!!

Okay so the other night my MOMS CLub was invited for a sneak peek at the new DREAM DINNERS store in the area. About 20 of us went (bringing our own wine) and they let us make for free an entree to take home to feed our family the next day or whenever. Dream Dinners is a place where every month they have a new menu and you choose what entrees you wnat to make and they have ALL the meat, pasta, chopped product, spices and directions for you. It takes just a few minutes to put together one entree following all their steps and how easy they have the whole workstation laid out. It was amazing!!! So we got to make Cornflake Crusted Chicken with Ranch Dipping Sauce - and it was really yummy! Even the kids ate all of theirs!!!! Now THAT is AMAZING!!!!

Each time you go you would make about 12 meals and I have heard that this is a great place to get your freezer stocked for those last minute meals as well as for good and unique recipes. My friend Erin goes about every other month and she raves about it constantly!!! I can't wait to try more meals. Some of us gals signed up for a private party at the end of next month there and Todd and I are already planning on what items will be on our menu!!! I'll be sure to post someof the fabulous meals I will be making! See I might be a gourmet sometime yet!!! hee-hee

My family will finally get homemade!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of those places, but I've never gone. (They have Dream Dinners and Super Suppers both in Carmel.) I know my friend Dawn in TX loves places like that, too! (Especially the friends and wine part.) ;)

My friend Scott is a personal chef who does almost the same thing. He'll sit down with a client and figure out what the family likes, then he'll spend an afternoon at the client's house assembling meals to go in the freezer that they can just cook or reheat later.

I've been assembling recipes of things that freeze well, and I've been known to spend a Saturday afternoon in my own kitchen assembling meals for my freezer. (I should do that again, I save a million dollars and I love having stuff in the freezer like that!)

I might have to get some friends together and make a run to Carmel sometime soon! ;)