Tuesday, August 28, 2007

One week down - ? to go

So we have finished our first week of school and Logan is still happy about going everyday. Over the weekend he kept telling us and even 'Poppy' (my dad) that he had homework to do! We heard him say this at least 10 times!!! And I re-read his note from the teacher and all I could get was practice writing and read to them everyday. So I guess this was to be our homework? So we have started taking on a more formal responsibility of practicing our letters every day according to the Denelian style (by the way - where did this come from???). And of course we always read everyday so I guess we are doing well on our homework so far! Hey this may be easy after all!! hee-hee.

And in case you are wondering... we STILL do not get much info out of him after school. All we know from yesterday is that they danced in the gym and said the Pledge of Alligence! Hmmm.... His friend Tristen came over after getting off the bus yesterday - but before we would let them in the house - his mom and I tried to grill them about what they did - and STILL that was all we learned!!!

So tonight is the next phase of kids school - I get to go meet Lexi's pre-school teacher. I am excited because it looks like she is going to have one of Logan's old teachers and he absolutely loved her!!! So it should be a good year. Now if only we could get this communication thing with Lexi down!!! ;(

Hope you all have a great day and be sure to post a note saying 'hi!' I love knowing who has stopped by!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly! Maybe we'll see you tonight at preschool orientation.....Adam's going on Monday's this fall! :)

~Karen B.

Ronda Palazzari said...

I hope Lexi gets the teacher you know & like. Sounds like Logan is loving school. It is hard to drag things out of kids sometimes. D'Nealian came about because some feel it is easier to transition from print to cursive using this type of handwriting.

Mika said...

Souns like he loves school. Love your blog and hope I will see you sometime on my blog. Mika (www.mikascrap.typepad.com)