Wednesday, February 14, 2007

INSANITY!!!




That has been the theme of late at the Perry household!!

Poor Logan has been struggling getting healthy from a sinus infection - where he took an antibiotic that led to C-Diff - an infection in the colon (that is NOT pretty and very painful) which had to just go away on it's own... that was a rough week+! So now that he was better and ready to get out and have fun.... even more insanity began!

Remember back when I said our Carbon Monoxide detector went off a couple weeks ago... well - it went off again Monday the 5th around 8:30pm. We knew everyone had to get out of the house for the night until we could get the heating guys in to check. Thank God for my fabulous friends... Katie took all 3 cats and Michelle took my whole family in. I had the fire dept out at about 10:30pm and they got zero reading again!! The next morning the heating guys got zero reading again! This is getting old!!! So back into the house we move! (Back goes the new CO detector to get exchanged and a second one is purchased)

Then... Friday night around 7:30pm I drive in to find the alarm going off again!! I do everything they told me to do then immediately called the fire dept. They came over and this time they got a reading in the house. And they were extremely thorough and even tried to check all of us to see if we had excessive levels. So again - trying to find a place for all of us. Katie and Noah took the cats again - and my friend Elizabeth let us crash at her parents' condo that they have in town but don't live in year round. At least we all had a roof, heat and wonderful friends!!! (yes the firemen probably thought I was crazy since in the madness I was trying to get some pictures while packing... people just don't understand scrapbookers!!!)

Monday morning - time to get quotes on a new furnace!!! ARGH!!! And guess what - I had a THOUROUGH check up and NO Carbonne Monoxide detected!!!! (we had left the heat on all weekend to keep our pipes from freezing). The decision was that the detectors are not the most accurate and that my car into the garage was setting off the detector. So after cleaning the furnace and buying a VERY nice new detector - we were able to move back in!!!
So since Katie was so nice to have kept my kids all day while I dealt with furnace stuff - I thought I would run back to the condo to get stuff packed up and I find that my entire bottle of liquid detergent had vibrated off the washer and busted ALL OVER the carpet remnants!!!!!!! Why me??????!!!!!

So - off to get the kids and the cats and still make it to the grocery store for essentials since they are predicting 5 - 10 inches of snow with ice starting that night!!!! On the way - my car had a 'Hot Coolant Temp' light come on and my needle started sitting in the red 'H' zone. Yes - I found some milk and with some minor flaws (my entire large soft drink dropping and exploding all over my kitchen) we made it through the night. Note - my fabulous husband drove back to the condo and worked on cleaning up my nice spill for me... he was feeling sorry for me!
Tuesday we stayed home all day since school was cancelled and ice everywhere. We had a nice day doing absolutely nothing except for laundry, unpacking, watching tv and napping.
Wednesday I wake up to no electricity! And of course we were not prepared so our rechargable flashlights were not charged and no extra batteries for the one flashlight we could find. Are you getting the theme to our life right now!!??!!! Thank God - our power came back on around 8am so I didn't have to worry about keeping the kids warm and entertained. I did decide to venture out and get my car checked so it didn't get worse... and a cracked manifold - 2 days of service - and a rental car later... Lets just say it is going to cost alot to fix!! When I called my girlfriend Michelle to whine - she first said' you have got to be kidding - no never mind.. it's you!"

So anyway... that has been the basics of our insanity of late and why most of you have not heard from us lately. But what we realize in all of this is Thank God for the wonderful friends we do have (especially the generosity of Michelle, Katie and Elizabeth & her parents). And we are all safe, healthy and together! Throughout it all - the kids were absolutely wonderful and willing to share in all of our 'adventures'.
I leave you with some wonderful quotes from Logan through it all this week:
* While on the phone whining to Todd about my spilled drink - Logan came over and interupted me to say "I heard you mommy, would you like to share my drink?"
* While driving away from the car rental company in the little 4 door we got - my son who only remembers me driving a van asks "Mommy do you know how to drive a car?"

Our love and gratitude to all - stay warm and safe!! And remeber to 'ENJOY' (boy did I choose an appropriate word!)


k

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly...OH MY GOSH! I guess its true what they say...when it rains it pours! I'm so glad you are back home and safe. If you need anything, please let me know. I'm here for you!
love ya
e

Ronda Palazzari said...

Wow what a week you have been having. I bet you felt like taking a sledge hammer to the CO detector! So loved that you got pictures...way to go! Maybe Friday we could AIM about Harry!

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! I'm glad Logan's feeling better and things are starting to settle down. I saw footage of a Fed-Ex truck crashing on a highway in northern KY, and the first thing I thought was "I hope that wasn't KJ--with her current luck!"
Hugs!
S.

Ronda A :) said...

Oh my gosh? When you said you may not be there Sunday so you could get things back together, I didn't realize what had been happening. Well, just know you are stronger for all you have done and it has been a learning experience too. God blesses is big time in stressful moments. Missed your big smile and laughther on Sunday but understand. Have a terriffic week.
Ronda A :)