Tuesday, February 6, 2007

aezine challenge

I am finally getting around to do another one of Ali Edwards weekly challenges (http://aliedwards.typepad.com). Last weeks challenge was to name all of those scrapbook products that are essential to your scrapbooking.
Here are my priorities when I scrapbook:
1) My new Making Memories trimmer - I LOVE this thing!! So worth the money! I hated how all my other trimmers did not always cut straight and you could not shave off just a sliver. This one does! It rocks! The week I got it, I even sat on my bed and cut the pieces to make Lexi's birthday invites! In bed! How totally cool is that!
2) Bazzill cardstock - what yummy colors! (my hubby makes fun of me) When Scraps first started carrying bazzill - I swore the texture didn't mean much. I started going to it for the colors but have stayed because I do love the dimension that the texture brings.
3) Pattern Paper - I went for a good year barely even using pattern paper and then all the wonderful coordinating lines came out and I was hooked again! My current favorites are My Minds Eye (Wild Asparagus and Bohemia) and Sweetwater.
4) My Nikon Camera and my HP Photosmart printer - I am a digital girl! Love that I don't have to store all my printed pictures - I store them on discs and only print up the ones I need. I print up all my pictures at home which gives me the benefit of playing with my photo sizes ALOT! I am a huge fan of wallet sized photos so that I can get more pictures on every layout. I am also starting to do alot more single picture layouts in my family album and they are often 8x10s or 5x7s.

Since I was on a roll doing the challenges, I went onto this weeks aezine challenge which is about what are the extra things in scrapbooking that you can not live without. These are the things that make you want to scrapbook and stretch your creativity. So after thinking, I have decided my list of the extras that I am into 'right now' are:

1) Van Dyke Brown Ink!!! - I use this ink pad on EVERYTHING that doesn't move!!! My friend Emily keeps making fun of me!

2) Ribbon - LOVE THIS!!! I pretty much have it on everything! What a wonderful cheap product with fabulous colors and patterns!! And looks so pretty display in jars in my scrap area.

3) Rub Ons - I love the words, letters and doodles. It doesn't matter what it is... I am even breaking out of my comfort zone and putting them on pictures, ribbons, etc!

4) Flowers - what a fun embellishment and great colors out there! I am currently enjoying the larger ones right now.

5) Staples - fun, easy, plentiful and a great way to attach ribbons and transparencies. Also a very 'boy thing' for Logan's pages.

6) Stamps - starting to really enjoy these on my scrapbook pages. My current favorites are some from the dollar bin at Michaels, the It's a Date stamp from Stampin' Up (thanks to Lisa) and Heidi Swapp words (thanks to Erin). I have even started looking at them online and plotting out which ones I want to start using in my journaling (love those new Fontwerks). I thought I was sort of 'done' with stamps since I really haven't been making too many cards these days.


I even went the extra step and made a little page all about the 'stuff' that I am into. This page is for a 9x9 album I started as an All about Me album. This is only the second page in that album since I obviously don't do much scrapbooking about me... I hope to change that this year!!


Hope you all have a wonderful day and stay warm! Thinking of you! k

1 comment:

Ronda Palazzari said...

Beautiful! Love this page & agree with you on so many of these!