Thursday, February 7, 2008

So do you know what a power path is?

Or how about how many doors does a sand crawler have? Or what color is Obi Wan's light saber? And did you know that the lego police station - the new one not the one I have - has bendable parts on the garage? What kind of animal is Chewy?

Well - neither do I!!! But these are the kinds of conversations that I have daily with my son. Today I actually sat down with my son for lunch - just he and I - and our entire conversation was about his game Rock Riders by Lego on the computer. He told me all about how this building has 4 power paths while it only needs 2 and guess how many power paths this building needs - only one! And that if I walk into this hole then push this button that I can blow up the rocks so that I can get to the stuff built underneath?

So I sat there thinking to myself - do I act like I am interested in this converation even though I have NO IDEA what he is talking about??? Is that what a good mother would do? I found myself doing the grin and nod and saying "really?" alot. He must have been okay with that since he kept talking anyway!

I look forward to the day my daughter wants to talk about more girly things. Now mind you - I am in NO WAY a real girly girl but - I would definately do better with discussing which princess ate the poisonous apple or which shoes look better or should the princess ride on the horse by herself or with the prince (it's all about girl power you know).

These things I can understand and actually have a more intelligent conversation about! Light sabors and power paths - not so much so.

SO for now - I guess i will continue to grin and nod and keep saying "why don't we call Daddy and ask him!!!!" And hope that the time does not come too soon when he will decided he doesn't want to talk to Mom any more cause she is not cool - because I know it will be sooner than I want!! So, I'll just revel in the fact that he still thinks I am cool enough to share and maybe some day I will actually learn what a power path is!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so twins in this! I feel so guilty because not only do I not KNOW what color light saber everyone uses, I don't even remotely care!! (Although we do frequently Google to find out.)
I have become an expert grin and nodder because I don't want him to think I don't care about what he's trying to communicate with me. I want him to continue to tell me about the little stuff so he'll feel comfortable telling me the big stuff later!